Monitoring Total Inventory

g1h2j3

I want to monitor the total inventory of all servers. Lets say only InputBuffer of all Servers is enough. So i want to see how much buffer i need/have when i have random server failures, repair times and changing processing times (later i also want to add random arrival times). So therefore i was focusing on the HourlyStatistic Simbit which i think is really helpful to get started with the Plots. Because i have many servers i did like in Simbit recommended and created a Server Object. With the intention that i can monitor the inventory of all servers together without doing the assignments for every single server. And then i created some experiments with the total inventory as a response value. I add a small model where u can see my experiments. So it worked but i can only see the inventory for each server. But i want the combined inventory.

Goal of my model: Analyzing / Monitoring actual inventory level of all servers while changing failure rates, repair time and processing time.

Problems:

--> How can i monitor the inventory of all servers together, in the experiments as well as in the plots? I thought i could do that with the server object.

--> Can i change a standard library server to my created server object without deleting already created servers and entering everything again?

Thank you very much again, that forum helped me already a lot.I hope i could describe my problem clearly.

(The model i added consists of 2 servers, 2 sinks, 2 sources. The vehicle transports the entities to the servers. Servers have random failure, repair and processing time. Vehicle drives always the same fixed tour and delivers specific entity to specific server.)

InventoryMonitoring.spfx

1) (MyServer1.InputBuffer.Contents+MyServer2.InputBuffer.Contents)--> this expression defines your total intventory level of "Your Servers" (subclassed ones). You can use this expression directly or can assign it to a state variable then use that one. You can type this expression into a response in your experiment. Meanwhile your model looks incomplete (seems lack of failure logic).

2)Absolutely sure you can, sublcass server object from std. lib. and add your old or new (in fact, both will be new to the sublcassed object but they do not mind). At the end you will have two subclassed server objects named MyServer and MyServer2 (see navigation window).

Thank you very much for your reply. But if i need to enter this expression (MyServer1.InputBuffer.Contents+MyServer2.InputBuffer.Contents) to get my total inventory then i have no benefit. Because i will have around 100 Servers and then i have to add every single server to that expression. So my intention for creating a server object was to save that. Otherwise i can also use the standard server and add this expression. I thought through the usage of the Server object, i can avoid this step and make my life easier. Thats how i understood to use the server object or any object. The example is not perfect, i just use that to implement and show my problem. I hope you understand what i mean.

Without a custom object, you can create an integer state (call it WIP) and two simple add-on processes which do the job:

From the Entered add-On Process Triggers you have a process called IncrementWIP which contains an Assign that increments the state WIP by 1.

From the Processing add-On Process Triggers you have a process called DecrementWIP which contains an Assign that decrements the state WIP by -1.

In each of your servers you would reference those same two processes. The State WIP would contain the total, and you could create a StateStatistic Element on it to report its statistics.

Support Dave,

and also you only need to define Dave's proposed two processes (for incrementing and decrementing WIP value) in the subclassed server object.

WIP state variable can also be defined in my server object (subclassed). In the main model (that incorporates this subclassed server) you only need to refer this WIP state variable. I only proposed a quick solution to your simple problem. If you need to define around 100 servers you should use this approach... Be sure that It will work conveniently...

Thank you very much. Yes now the solution seems very obvious, i was kind of focus to server objects because i just did the SimBit. But that addon processes works fine and its easy. So i don't need to implement the server objects so far. Thank you very much for your help.