Pass values from parent to member directly?

Hello!

I have one doubt that I would like to clarify:

I have 2 entities that travel grouped (1 is the member and the other the parent). There is one point at my model on which I want to separate them and at the same time copy an array of values from the parent to the member.

At the momemt I'm doing this by using a state to hold the information from the parent when he enter the separate and when the member leaves it I copy the values from the state to the member.

Untill now everything's fine but I'm a little affraid that it can result in some conflicts when many entities pass through the Separate at the same time... So I would like to know if anybody has any suggestions of how to pass the values directly without a temporarilly state?

Just to be clear I'm trying to do something like this:

Member.ArrayOfValues[index]=Parent.ArrayOfValues[index]

which obviously doesn't work since this process is being executed by a token of the Parent...

Thanks!

Thank you.

My first try was to do something like that, but I couldn't find the

Parent.BatchMembers.FirstItem.Member.State

on the "State Variable Name" options, so I assumed it was not possible...

Not sure if it's possible to do this, but I think it would be a good idea to make this field an expression editor like the "New value" is, since it's not the first time this happens to me :? and I'm sure it happens to other users too.

Nevertheless, once again, thank you for your help!

I understand your request, but we keep the left hand side of the assign to listing only a couple levels to keep it simpler. When you need more depth like in this case, I recommend just using the expression editor (from the right side) to locate what you need, then copy it to the left side. That is in fact what I did here.

We will explore if there is a good way to better expose the full possible range of assignments without making it too complex.