Seize and release operators during process.

PierreUL

Hello everybody!

I need some help to model a workers logic. I already read most of topics about workers and went through the MoveableOperator and InterruptibleWorker simbits.

I have a line with 3 stations and 3 workers. The 3 of them can work at the first server. Then only 1 (that is identify) can work at the 2nd server and only another one (also identify can work at the 3rd server. I want that the 3 of them work initially at the 1st server. As soon as an entity arrive at the 2nd or 3rd server, the identify worker be seized to do the job at the correct station. After the job is done at the 2nd or 3rd station, I want the worker to be released to be seized again at the 1st station so that it help to finish th work in process at 1st server.

The problem can be set in another way. Each server as an accredited worker and worker from servers 2 and 3 can be seized by the 1st server if they have no work at their own station.

I've already tried several things but it never work how I wanted. The biggest problem was th e following. there is a worker that is seized by the wrong entity or entities wait to finish a process to seize a worker.

So if I understand well the Simio logic and if it's possible, I need to know how to command which entity have to seize which worker and how to seize a worker during an entity is processed.

Thanks in advance!!

Thanks a lot it an interesting way to model my case. It allow at least that workers 2 and 3 always come back to the 1st server as soon as they finish the work at server 2 or 3. However my problem is not totally solved, during worker 2 or 3 are busy at stations 2 or 3, workers at the first station are idle.

Is there any features that would permitt workers continues to work at the first station even if there is only 1 or 2 workers?

Thanks in Advance!

thanks for your help but no. It was really great that the 3 workers were all busy at the same time at the server one. But if the worker 2 or 3 is seized at the server 2 or 3, the remaining workers that stay at the server 1 should continue to work instead of waiting . so entities could be processed at the 3 server at the same time if necessary.