Separator confusion

ADH3131

Hello,

I have been building a model for a good amount of time now and I have a couple questions about separators and combiners that the SimBits and currents discussions do not cover. My model is one where I have entities being created through processes logic, not sources, so I have them being created already batched. I have five different entities being created with five different batch quantities and when each entity is created I have the model also create a member so the batch will process correctly. I would like to be able to have each entity go into different separators and have them separate the previously established batch quantity. So far I have only been testing this on one entity but it is not working properly. When my entity enters the separator it does not output multiple parents like I would like, instead it outputs the same exact entity that went in.

Here is what I would like to do after this process, if it helps. After the entity gets separated I would like to be able to combine each parent with the parents of other separated entities.

I welcome and appreciate any help.

Thank you

• 3 weeks later...

If you can send a copy of your model to support@simio.com, we'd be happy to look at it and offer suggestions. Having a copy of the model will assure that we understand how you are currently modeling your system so that we may determine the appropriate steps.