NodeList as destination in an AddOn Process?

ChrisR

Hello,

I am modeling a container terminal. I have different servers which model my container storage yard. I have two different Model Entities, "ImportContainers" and "ExportContainers".

I created an Add-On Process on Entering the OutputNode of the storage servers. In this process, the destination node is defined ("SetNode"-step) based on the type of Entity and a transporter ride is initiated ("Ride"-step). It works.

Now I want to change the destination to a group of servers (which represent a group of truck loading stations). So I grouped the InputNodes of these servers into a NodeList. But in the Add-On Process I can't set the NodeList as a Destination in the "SetNode"-Step. I need this, because I want to set different NodeList's as a destination for my "ImportContainers" and "ExportContainers" respectively.

My questions are:

1. How can I set a NodeList as a destination in an Add-On Process?

2. When using NodeList's as destination, how can I be sure that only servers are choosen randomly from that list which are not full?

Thanks!

What you can do is as follows:

1) add a node list (including all your destination options) for each of your entity types

2) add a table that includes an Entity object reference column (make sure to change the Auto-set Table Row Reference property to 'True') as well as a Node List object reference column. add the entity name and associated node list you want to reference into the same row for each

3) within the definitions window, add a Routing Group element - here, specify the 'TableName.NodeListProperty' as the Destination Node List Property.

4) within the output node where you make the decision - specify the Entity Destination Type as 'Use Custom Routing Group' and then specify your Routing Group Name (from 3 above).