Destination restrictions for entities

Hello,

I am very new to Simio and still learning.

I have 2 different entity types, Long and Short. I have a source which goes to any of 2 available workstations, no restrictions needed here. Those 2 workstations then need to send their processed entities (randomly Long or Short) to 2 other workstations, Saw A and Saw B. If the entity is Long, it absolutely must go to Saw A, if it is the Short entity, it must prioritize Saw B, but if Saw A is available and Saw B is in use, it should go to A.

How can I do this?

Thanks in advance.

Samuel

To send entities along different paths based on conditions, you can either specify logic within the Selection Weight property of the various paths themselves, or you could use an add-on process within the prior (leaving object/node before going to multiple servers) node based on conditions in the system. Alternatively, you could put the multiple server's input nodes into a List of nodes and select from that list using a Selection Condition.

Regardless of which method you use above, you can evaluate entity and system information, such as ModelEntity.Is.Long (if the entity types are Long/Short), as well as either the Server.Capacity.Allocated or Node.AssociatedStation.Overload type functions. You may wish to look at some of the Sample SimBit Solutions (see button on Support ribbon) for examples of using some of these functions.