Simio Forum

A question about Station Element

I'm trying to use a station element to store several kinds of pallets, and the pallet is used to carry a part that has the same priority.(see the datails in my attachment)

so when a part goes to the memberinput of a combiner,a process is triggered to search the station to find the exact pallet and transfer it to parentinputbuffer.

here is the question,a station element is designed with two queues,one is station.contents the other one is station.entryqueue,

I failed to transfer the right pallet from the staion to the parentinputbuffer since there is only one pallet that I can find in station.contents,and the rest

could you please help me find out why?

thanks!

Model.spfx

I cant open your model, because it is in Academic version.

So this may not solve your problem, but it is good to be avare of this.

If you transfer entity into station using transfer step you have to use EndTransfer step in a process which is triggered by event station.entered. Simply create this process set triggering event as station.entered and add EndTransfer step.

Sorry, same error as tulach.

Conceptually, I can see that you would want to store a reference to the pallet in an object state variable, and that you might want to transfer the pallet to the input of a combiner, ready to combine with the entities.

Thank you jdoran and tulach!

I found some details in Simio Document,see the picture below

foD9NQ-pmHz

http://photo.renren.com/photo/sp/foD9NQ-pmHz

It is said that the station.contents has a capacity of infinity,but during the simulation run, only one item can

be found in the station.contents,the rest of the entities are stored in the station.entryqueue.

What I want to do is to search the station and transfer the exact entity out of the station,but it is not allowed

to transfer a entity out from a entryqueue,beacause the entity's location is in transition state 'WaitingToTransferIntoStition' and a new transfer request is invalid.

The software I use is an university design edition,I was wondering whether it is a problem caused by version limitation.

As someone mentioned above, the reason that the other entities are still located in the EntryQueue and not in the Contents queue is because you are not ending the transfer into the station. You should create a new process and in the Process properties, find the "Triggering Event" property and enter YourStationName.Entered so that this new process is triggered whenever something enters the station. In this new process, place an EndTransfer step. That is all that is needed in this process. After this, you should see all the entities in the Contents queue and then you can search this queue for your match.