Excel Read and Excel Write Steps Example

gtwirth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi,

we would like to write the results of mutiple replications in one excel file (row=run.replicationNumber). We tried to change the excel connect and excel write step but we didn't find a solutuion. Do you have any suggestions for us in order to solve this problem?

Best reg.

Markus Gragert

• 1 month later...

I don't think there is a solution around this. The Excel Write step could be setup to to handle replication number, but you would only be able to run one replication at a time. The same worksheet cannot be opened more than once. The way the Excel Write setup works, it opens the worksheet into memory, writes the data into memory during the replication and saves the worksheet when the replication completes.

I recommend using the DB Write step and a MySQL database. MySQL is easy to setup and free to use. We provide instructions on how to setup it up in the DBReadWrite simbit. With the DBWrite, multiple replications can write to the database simultaneously and all the replication can be written to the same table. Once the experiment completes, you can import the data from the database into excel. In the end, the DB is the quickest way to get all your experiment results into one place.

• 11 months later...

Hi Glen,

I have been using the DBWrite step in my current model with MySQL.

It works like a charm, but it slows the model down considerably. (Can take almost 50% to 70% more time)

Is there any reason why it is slowing the model down so much? Any work around suggestions?

Thank you and regards,

H