Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum! Experience the full experience of the forum by becoming a Simio Insider! You must be an Insider to post on any forum!

Click_Here_button.png

SimioSupport

How do I set a specific destination for an entity?

You would like the Transfer Node to send the Entity down a specific path based on a value (via a state variable) that is assigned to the entity.

The most straighforward way is to use an expression in the Link Weight of each path that reads the Entity's state variable. For example, if you've assigned values of either 1 or 2 to the state variable ModelEntity.Priority and you want the entity to follow a certain path based on which value it was assigned, the link weight property of one path would be set to ModelEntity.Priority == 1 and the link weight property of the other path would be set to ModelEntity.Priority == 2.

Another option is to set the destination in a process. Since destinations are always nodes, the SetNode Step is what we use to assign a new destination. Use a Decide Step and a SetNode Step in some process that reads the value of the variable and then sets a node for that entity.

And finally, you can use Sequence Tables to set up a certain routing sequences based on the value that was given to the variable.

One question. I am currently trying to create a train and i would like to be able to send vehicles that i am creating in 3 different sources to a specific node.

My idea is to create a process in which i can evaluate which node is empty so that the vehicles can travel specifically to the empty nodes.

Should i create a property to evaluate if a transfer node is empty or there is something already there? How can i write this expression?

Best Regards.