Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum! Experience the full experience of the forum by becoming a Simio Insider! You must be an Insider to post on any forum!

Click_Here_button.png

SimioSupport

How do I set up and reference tables

Tables are used to hold model data that may be referenced by individual entities and/or tokens. The data columns in the table can be any of the property types provided by Simio including expressions, object references, class types, etc. Each entity/token in the model can then reference a specific row of data in the table.

There are two common ways of referencing table parameters.

1) Sometimes you may want to associate a row in a data table with an entity. One easy way to do this is to take advantage of the properties in the Table Reference Assignments category on the Source Object. For for flexibility you can use the SetRow Step in a process to make or reset that same association. Once you have made that association, then the entity will automatically know its proper row in that or any related table. The following expression can be used to return the value from a specific column of a data table:

TableName.PropertyName

For more information on the SetRow step, refer to the topic SetRow in the Simio Online Help.

2) In other cases, you may not have or need any entity associations with a data table or you have already used the SetTable step but would like your entity to reference another table. In this case, you are trying to reference a specific row in a data table. The following expression can be used to return the value of a specific field of a data table:

TableName[RowNumber].PropertyName

For more information, look at the topic Data Tables in the Simio Online Help.

I am having difficulty with the setrow step. For example, I have an entity with multiple attributes which I assign in a repeat property through a table. Based on an entity's attributes it chooses different routes or makes decisions if you will. Currently, I am assigning entity states the respective values of the properties and then referencing the states when I need to use the variable. I can also use the tablename.tablecolumn, but I prefer to work with the attributes. This seems to be redundant, as I set the enties properties to a data table, and then use an assign step to assign a state variable the same value so I can "use it". I believe I should be able to access these properties directly, and I think the setrow is the key. Is there an example out there with an entity - I cannot align this problem with a simbit.

I am not able to extract the data from table. Can you please suggest me something? Exact problem is as follows:

I have a model with two sources, both of them creating the entities with different rates. Those entities should process on different servers with different processing times and I want to extract the data of processing time from the created table.

I have already created this model it includes,

A. 2 tables for two different entities, these tables defines the path and processing time of these entities.

B. Then I created one table includes entities and processing times (I am using previous table's data by using expression property)

C. Now at server, I gave the destination of table which I created in 'Step B' but it is showing me some error.

I have also attached my model with this email. Please guide me with this.

Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Vishal Bhatewara

InitialModel_2.spfx

In the model you attached, you haven't set a pointer to a row in the Orders table and therefore when the entity arrives at Cell1 and is told to find it's processing time in the Orders table, it cannot read data from that table since it doesn't know which row to read. I noticed that each entity instance has it's Initial Sequence set to point to a Sequence table, but that is not the same as setting a row reference to a data table.

A simple fix to get this model working is to go into each Source instance and set the Table Name property under the On Created Entity property category to "ORDERS" and set an appropriate row number - a value of 1 for the SourceGR1 and a value of 2 for SourceGR2. Now that an entity is set to reference a specific row in the Orders table, the correct processing time will be found at Cell1.

Sir,

Thank you so much for your reply. I set the row and good thing is I am not getting any error now. It means server is assigning the processing time from given table.

But entity is not releasing the server, it means the 1st entity who enters into the server block the sever capacity and not taking proper value for processing time.

Could you please help me in this situation? I am still feeling that it is not taking proper value from the table.

Sir,

Sorry for inconvenience. It was my mistake. The unit for processing time was different than the required.

Model is working fine for now.

Thank you so much for your help.

Regards,

Vishal Bhatewara