Simio Forum

Firing processes with the work schedule

Hello everyone,

I have a pretty straight forward question: Is it possible to fire processes using the work schedule feature?

I am using timers to fire a process with a certain regularity, but I actually would like to say something like "Process1 fires when work schedule 1 says it should". It would do a great deal when it comes to "tidying" my model and drastically improve the ease to change scenarios.

Thank you,

João

Hello everyone,

I have a pretty straight forward question: Is it possible to fire processes using the work schedule feature?

I am using timers to fire a process with a certain regularity, but I actually would like to say something like "Process1 fires when work schedule 1 says it should". It would do a great deal when it comes to "tidying" my model and drastically improve the ease to change scenarios.

Thank you,

João

Absolutely. There was a simbit for this I believe, but the easiest way I have applied it was to:

1 - Make a schedule

2 - Make a server and attach work schedule to it (try it with its own source/sink first, and then remove them after... can't remember if I needed them or not)

3 - Attach a process for the two triggers related to work schedules

4 - ??

5 - Profit

(You will most likely stop at step 3 8) )

If you want multiple processes fired, make a placeholder process, and use the execute blocks in it.

If you need more specific instructions, I can fire Simio up later to oblige.