Simio Forum

Model pacing / Work schedule

Hello everybody,

I am developing a model that works at 2 different speeds. From the supplier up to the distribution center each entity arrives through an arrival table setting.

From the distribution center to the shops this does not happen. The replenish times at each shop are discrete and set to different days of the week at midnight. I tried to use a transfer node to buffer all the entities before the expedition to the shops. I was then trying to restrict the entities expedition through the work schedule tool, but I can't seem to find a step that lets me allow the passage only when at the referred days.

I hope the following images can enlighten you to what I am saying.

Any suggestions?

Thank you very much,

João

Work_Schedule.png

Work_Schedule_Facility.png

Thanks for the advice but I ended up doing it in a totally different way. I used a vehicle object to do the transportation and I make it run in the proper dates through the DateTime function.

However, another problem has risen. Is it possible to set different ride capacities for different entities? I saw we can change capacities in the VehiclesWithVariableRideCapacities SimBit but I failed to adapt it to the case of more than one entity type.

Can I, for example, set the rider capacity for entity type 1 as 3 and for entity type 2 as 7?

Thank you very much,

João

You may be able to do something similar to the SimBit 'VehicleWithVariableRideCapacity' except you have the vehicle use a Search step for a given type of entity (i.e., determine type of first one waiting, then search for matching ones) and then set the capacity of the vehicle based on the entities you will be picking up. You can alternatively use a Search step to determine the size of the various entities waiting and set the capacity of the vehicle based on that as well.

Thanks for the prompt response.

I see what you mean. However I want the vehicle to transport 3 Type1's and 7 Type2's in the same trip . I think the method you propose doesn't let me do this.

Having specific trucks for each entity is also not feasible due to the big number of entity types I'll be using later on.