Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum! Experience the full experience of the forum by becoming a Simio Insider! You must be an Insider to post on any forum!

Click_Here_button.png

Pedro

Interface View

Hi, I was following this video (

) tutorial, until minute 7:09, where I DONT have an Interface View..... What now??

6r3brp.png28re2vp.png

Thanks!

I think that this is not longer like in the video. SIMIO has made several changes since this video.

All you can see in video after the right click can be reached when you left click on the model you created. Than you have access to all those things (properties, data tables etc.) on the top of your facility view.

But there's no Interface editor anywhere. Is there any updated tutorial about creating custom objects for the library? With custom Symbols, nodes, etc...

Thanks again!

The interface view is now called externí and it can be found in definitions window just click definitions and look ať let side there on the bottom is externí.

I think that you can find some guides in help files for SIMIO

tulach, you're right, that video was done with an internal edition and the product has much evolved since then. Maybe it's time to update a video tutorial on the topics covered. Anyway, the essential information on how to subclass an object to obtain a new one is correct. Digging further on how to build an entirely new object probably exceeds what you may explain on a video.

tulach, you're right, that video was done with an internal edition and the product has much evolved since then. Maybe it's time to update a video tutorial on the topics covered. Anyway, the essential information on how to subclass an object to obtain a new one is correct. Digging further on how to build an entirely new object probably exceeds what you may explain on a video.

Was not even aware of Simio's youtube account until this thread.

Had a quick look at the other videos available, and could see that no videos had been uploaded in quite a while.

It's a shame really, because you could be introducing new features and giving previews via this channel. It offers a very powerful channel to communicate with a wide audience.

It would also involve someone updating and checking it on a regular basis... so there is a slight cost involved.