Problem on the taxiway

River

FullGate version 17 (both side take off).spfx

We encounter few problems: 

1. Why the plane( entities) only go to one side for waiting to take off but not both side used?

2. Any fomular can i add into the simio? The plane will choose which path to go on the taxiway. Such as the plane on the Node 82 if the taxiway A(path 179) had 3 plane waiting but taxiway B (Path 160) had 1 plane waiting,  than the plane will choose taxiway B to wait for take off.

Gate.xlsx 30 Departure.xlsx

Hello River,

I downloaded your files. The Gate512 was missing. I removed the information in the "30 Departure.xlxs" file that I can run the model ;-).
Generally I understood how it works.

Answer to your first question:
I think you mean these two ways, right?

From the left and from the right.
Unbenannt.thumb.png.125e62a5a102fb204f84f493cff5e723.png

In this case I saw that you used the "Routing Logic" in like all Transfernodes. The Outbound Link Rule is "Shortest Path" and you set the "Node Name" to "Input@Takeoff"
Simio is using everytime the shortest link path now. Like in the screenshot below:
2023-05-05_174457.png.6060ea6f440b7a317b1036c4762b21a2.png

In my opinion it would be better to set the destination once after the Entity got created in the Source for example :-).
There are different ways to do that.

In your model I removed all Routing Logic in the Transfernodes and used the Routing Logic only in the Output-TransferNodes of the Sources.
In Simio you need only to use one time a SetNode-Step or a Routing-Logic to set the destination of an Entitiy and Simio will follow the paths or travel in the FreeSpace.

You can use for example a NodeList with 2 different destinations and this Routing-Logic:

2023-05-05_180144.png.f9a94d90d687b4f9e466a371297ab453.png

With the "Selection Goal" Random Simio will randomly choose the destination from the NodeList.

I uploaded you your model with the changes as an example:
Problem on the taxiway version 17A.zip

What did I changed?
1) I removed the Routing Logic in all TransferNodes.
2) I added new Routing Logic to the TransferNodes of the Output-Node of the Sources.
3) I added a NodeList with 2 new Nodes.
4) In the two new Nodes I used a Nodes-Entered-Process and a Transfer-Step to transfer the Entity to the Input of the Sink.

Answer to your second question:
You can change the destination of an Entity any time. In the Path (Link) you have a function called "NumberTravelors" for example to get the number of travelors currently on this path. So you can use a Expression like "Path123.NumberTravelors < 2". This can be used to decide if a way is full allready that the other way get selected. Or you can use a Integer-State and count up and down.

I would use a Node-Entered-Process in the last possible node with a Decide-Step and two SetNode-Step in this case :-).

I hope my answer will help you. When you have any other question, you are welcome!

Best regards
Pascal

Edited by ATSProThiede