Safety distance between Aircraft

River

How can I set a safety distance  between with other entity .

e.g. Transfer Node 79 entity is will impact with others, how can I set a safety distance on every entity?

image.thumb.png.fa817be3b6744a9720f58a269d5d0715.png

Edited by River

• River changed the title to Safety distance between Aircraft

This is problematic in Simio because Simio considers only entity length (not width) and only when on a Path or Conveyor. 

I think the first thing to do is fix the nose to tail problem.

• If you happen to use Conveyors to model this, there are built-in features to manage spacing while stopped and different spacing while moving. But unfortunately Conveyors are limited to a single direction, so are perhaps not appropriate if this is a bi-directional taxiway.
  • If you are using Paths, you can fix this by making each plane longer when you draw it. For example, if you are drawing a plane that is 50M long and you want it to stay at least 10M behind the plane in front of it, place a nearly invisible dot about 10M in front of the plane's nose, making the total plane length (including safety spacing) be 60M. Although Simio will still put the entities nose to tail, there will be a 10M safety spacing between the physical planes. 

The problem of conflict at merge points is a bit more tedious to fix. I'd recommend a resource-based approach, like illustrated in the SimBit in Merging Conveyors Controlled by Gate. You can use this approach even when using Paths.

• Like 1

Thank you, 

In our simulation, the plane is used simio "apply symbol" function, so the plant was not draw by us..... so we hardly control what we want

What if we change the path to Conveyors? How can we make it?

Edited by River