How to increase the distence between entity to entity ?

River

I am doing a Final Year Project with Simio. Our topic is discusing the taxiway routing problem to enhance aircraft congustion in the taxiway. 

Our group are the new to use simio, when we want to do some simulation on the taxiway, we dont know how to increse the same distence between different space of the entity(ie. airplane) in the path(ie. Taxiway).

Also how to make the entity stay in the path while waiting the privious plane leave the runway?

We would like to do the silulation like this video https://www.simio.com/applications/airports-and-airlines-simulation-software/ 1:08-1:30

Any one can help us?

To make an entity wait until the runway is free what you could do is set the Initial Traveler Capacity of the Runway path to 1. This way entities will wait at the node before entering the path.

I did not understand the first question, but if you need entities to visually appear behind one another, set Allow Passing to False on the path. Alternatively, you could use conveyor instead of path to make entities allign and respect some distance.

Hope it helps.

Edited by ViniciusF
  • Like 1

Many Thx for your help. 

We have another problem :

As we want to be more realistic, we have the data from Hong Kong.

How can we input those data (such as departure Gate time) into the simio to let the enttity will departure as schedual ?

We already have atleast one month data, can you show us how to make the entity dearture as the time we set accordingly? 

image.thumb.png.8b60d3ef38834f8291cefd5cf1a9916e.png

What you can do is set up a table with a column of DateTime Property for the arrivals and change the Source Arrival Mode accordingly. 

I strongly recommend you guys to take a look on the Simbits available, they are a really good tool to guide you through your first steps into Simio.

For instance, you can find the solution for your problem on a Simbit called AppointmentArrivals.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...