How to make a worker transport in one go all the entities created from a Separator?

Javiera

Hi, 

A Separator is creating copies of the entities that enter it, the number of copies depends on a probability distribution, I want the worker to transport all the entities created from the same parent entity at once. Is this possible?

I attach the model for better understanding. 

Thank you so much!

Model.spfx

Hello,

Worker has a state variable to set ride capacity on run time (Worker.RideStation.Capacity).

What you could do is save the number created on a modelentity variable, and set up a addon process trigger on Entered of the node MemberOuput@Separator to first verify if it is a worker (Decide Step with Is.Worker), and if true, you would use a Search step to search through QueueState -> Separator1.MemberOutputBuffer.Contents and assign the Worker.RideStation.Capacity to the value of the modelentity variable found.

On 12/29/2022 at 11:23 PM, ViniciusF said:

Hello,

Worker has a state variable to set ride capacity on run time (Worker.RideStation.Capacity).

What you could do is save the number created on a modelentity variable, and set up a addon process trigger on Entered of the node MemberOuput@Separator to first verify if it is a worker (Decide Step with Is.Worker), and if true, you would use a Search step to search through QueueState -> Separator1.MemberOutputBuffer.Contents and assign the Worker.RideStation.Capacity to the value of the modelentity variable found.

Thanks for your answer! I tried to do what you say, but Simio doesn't let me set Worker.RideStation.Capacity as State Variable. Apparently I'm not doing it right :( 

Imagen1.png