Worker capacity greater than 1 unit

piedz

Hey Simio insiders,

I'm a Simio beginner and am doing my first big Simio project.

I am modelling a docking system. Trucks arrive at docks with a certain amount of pallets/trolleys. The trucks dock and after a worker inspects their shipment, the trolleys or pallets will be transporter by the worker to the next area. Since there are multiple trolleys in a truck the worker will first transport the exact amount of trolleys (more than 1) to the next area. I cant find how to increase the capacity of a single worker and how to assign a precise amount of trolleys (temporarily) to process/transport.

Thank you for your help

You are not going to want to change the capacity of the worker, I think the definition of a worker is that is has a capacity of 1 (onshift) or 0 (offshift). What you are going to want to change is the Transport logic's "Initial Ride Capacity" to a number larger than 1. That property affect the RideStation capacity in the worker object. 

image.png.d3b9a8108c69c833adbea3c93471adf9.png

Great, thank you! My current problem is that workers should carry a specific amount, so sometimes 14 sometimes 17 with a max of 30. This maximum is given at the transport logic I think. Do you have a suggestion on how to deal with the specific numbers (depending on the amount of pallets in a given truck)?

I think if you set the max to 30, if 14 are generated all 14 (or other <30 number) will enter the workers ride queue and will be transported. You could also keep the ride capacity at 1, model the 14 pallets as 1 entity (lets call this a shipment entity), have the worker move that 1 entity to the next location, and then use a separator  to turn the shipment entity into some number of pallet entities. Attached is an example.

example 9.23.22.spfx