Generating new entinty in combiner

xdabroar

Hi, 

I'm making a manufacturing line sumilations where 2 entities representing components enter combiner, where they are being proccessed to a new single entity. How I'm suppoused to terminate those 2 entities that are entering the combiner and generate one new that is leaving? Also, can you combine more that 2 entities in one combiner?

• 10 months later...

Hi,
A combiner is able to combine 1 or more entities into a parent entity. The number of entities that are batched together is specified in the property Batch Quantity. I recommend looking at the SimBit "Combine Multiple Entity Types Onto Pallets" for an example.

Best,

Khaled

• 4 weeks later...

You can also use produce consume material method to add requirements to a process or processing step. You can see it when you change the process type to Task Sequence from Specific time. You can add more than one material requirement by adding tasks in parallel with same sequence number and specificying the material name and quantitiy that will be consumed for each parallel task. In that way you dont need to create and destroy uncessary entitites.