Dynamic work schedules

Hi all, 

I am modeling a restaurant, where orders are placed until 22:00. The preparation of these orders takes approximately 20 minutes (it can be more or less due to the probability distributions involved). I have some workers whose schedules are from 10:00 to 22:30 and they prepare these orders.

The problem is the following. Suppose that it's 22:30 and there are still some orders in the queue. Since the worker's schedule ends now, those orders can't be processed and will remain for the next day. This obviously does not happen in a real-life restaurant. So if at the end of the worker schedule (22:30) there are some orders in queue, I would like to extend the schedule until all orders are met. How can this be done?

Thank you in advance,

Marcel Favereau

Edited by Marcel Favereau

[EDIT]

Hi all, 

I am modeling a restaurant, where orders are placed until 22:00. The preparation of these orders takes approximately 20 minutes (it can be more or less due to the probability distributions involved). I have some workers whose schedules are from 10:00 to 22:30 and they prepare these orders.

The problem is the following. Suppose that it's 22:30 and there are still some orders in the queue. Since the worker's schedule ends now, those orders can't be processed and will remain for the next day. This obviously does not happen in a real-life restaurant. So if at the end of the worker schedule (22:30) there are some orders in queue, I would like to extend the schedule until all orders are met. The problem is I don't know how long it will take the workers to prepare the missing orders, so I can't suppose a certain time needed to complete the orders. I have to wait that the last order is prepared to set the end of the working day. How can this be done?

Thank you in advance,

Marcel Favereau

Hello, a Server block has a property named "Off Shift Rule"
This is normally set to "Suspend Processing", i.e. the server signs off at the end of the shift and abandons all the waiting work.
If you want to finish the waiting work, choose the other option, "Finish Work Already Started"
I suppose that's what you want.

2 hours ago, hurol said:

Hello, a Server block has a property named "Off Shift Rule"
This is normally set to "Suspend Processing", i.e. the server signs off at the end of the shift and abandons all the waiting work.
If you want to finish the waiting work, choose the other option, "Finish Work Already Started"
I suppose that's what you want.

Thanks Hurol!

The "problem" with that property is that this only serves to process one additional entity. In my case, there can be n>=1 entities and I need to process all of them.

Edited by Marcel Favereau