mfranklin

Development in 3D space - fixed Y level

To ease development of height specific models (e.g. an underground mine or a building with multiple levels), allow setting the current Y-value (height) of development. Thus one can set the current Y-value to say 3, then all model objects placed subsequently will be initially set to a Y value of 3, and so forth for other Y-values.

Another (or further) approach to this could be for a user to predefine a range of Y-value layers (ie floors in a building example), and then ability to switch between these layers and work on a specific "active" layer. In 2D view only the objects on the "active" layer will be visible (or all objects on all layers if no specific layer is selected).

Let me know if you have questions.

Best,

Martin

Both are good ideas. The "layers" idea is already on our backlog, but I'll add the other.

Thanks.

Is the layer functionality still in the backlog? Really looking forward this function as I'm working on interior building simulation. Now I'm forced to flatten the floor layouts so that the client could see and navigate more easily :(