Sink Service Selection

I am very new to simio and need to create a model for a class.
My problem statement is based on services provided by a cafetería. I have 3 types of clients, with their respective proportions. Additionally, each client has their own sequence. I have already made a data table with the proportions and a sequence table for each client. 

After the clients finish their sequence, every client goes to the same sink (which represents the cashier). What I don't know how to do is show how that sink can provide two types of services: credit cards and cash. On top of that, the credit card service must be 63% of the total entities that go into the system.

I will really appreciate any help you can give me!

simply increase your customer types as credit card and cash payers. For example, expand your table by includeing customer1creditcard and customer1cash, customer2creditcard and customer2cash, customer3creditcard and customer3cash? Also, rearrange their probabilities, sequences, etc. as well. Is it ok?

• Thanks 1

Ok. I already added the transactions proportions to each of the clientes (card 0.63/cash 0.37) in the table like you mentioned earlier. Can you help me  understand how do I assign that proportions of my entities populations to the sinks (5 sinks)?  Do you think if it's better if I change the sinks to servers?
image.png.7ff74c72b56f455390740cd78cb6edc4.png

Hi Cam.laboy, 

I mean you have to define new customer types and include sink objects into their sequences. I attach a picture of how to revise probabilities of these new customers. Hope it helps.

client types.PNG

New Client Info Table.PNG

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cam.laboy said:

Do you think if it's better if I change the sinks to servers?

Sorry Cam.Laboy, 

I missed this part of your message. Of course you had better to define servers instead of sinks. This time you should use Input@Server instead of Input@Sink in the sequences table. By this way, you can collect some other useful statistics, i.e., payment time, payment queue length etc., as well. 

Edited by gocken
  • Thanks 1