Jump to content
Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum! Experience the full experience of the forum by becoming a Simio Insider! You must be an Insider to post on any forum!

Click_Here_button.png

Recommended Posts

Hi - 

I have a process where the entities are at a bus stop. If the bus arrives within 2 minutes, they take the bus. If the bus doesn't arrive within 2 min, then 15% will walk and 85% will continue to wait.

Do you have any advice on how to set up the 2 minute time window? Is Decide the best step for that? I didn't want to put Delay because if the bus arrives within that 2 minutes, the entity boards and leaves. Then it is the remaining entities that wait the 2 minutes and then 15% of them balk the que and walk. This is what I have so far...

image.thumb.png.d096ced30533fb7e35be4a8cd452f4ec.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

The easiest way is to check if the bus is already on a location that falls within the 2-minute range (eg, a specified path or even better a timepath).

Otherwise, you may have your bus entering a storage when it is at range and inserting then a "Search" step in your current process seeking for any bus contained at that storage. If it finds anything, travellers wait for the bus, otherwise they walk.

cheers,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the tip on a time path. Do I change my current paths to have a time path for just the portion that is within the 2 minutes? Is there a way to put a range ring around the pickup location to designate the 2 min range without changing the paths? Or is there a different way to solve it with the Process Map?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

I suggest using the default reneging logic in Simio to model this. If you are modeling your bus stop as a Standard Simio object the reneging properties are located under the Buffer Logic property category.

For example, if your entities are waiting in the Output Buffer of the Source, the settings displayed in the attached picture will replicate the scenario you described above. If the entity is in queue for 2 minutes, then there is a 15% chance the entity will be destroyed and a 85% chance it will continue to wait. Instead of destroying the entity, you can use the Renege Node Name to send the entity to a different location, or in your scenario walk to the destination.

image.thumb.png.2f37d0978e0326f401dd9ce8472eb171.png

Thanks,

Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan,

Appreciate the tips. Just wondering if I need to add another path or will the entity that balks and walks take the road path that is already in the model when I put an input node in the 'Renege Node Name? Or is the transfer to the input node immediate?

 image.png.ecf790fff50bd919156dcc920ec2353d.png

Thank you,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The transfer will be immediate. I suggest creating a "walking" path that starts with a transfer node and ends at your sink. Send all of your reneged passengers to the transfer node, and the entities will travel along the new path to the Sink.

Thanks,

Ryan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryan,

That worked, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

M_A

What you call a ring is a "Storage".

A refined search upon storages lets you specify realistic conditions. Eg, the travelers may want to know if *their* bus is within range (not any bus, but the one serving the route they intend to take - unless obviously there is just one bus route and the exercice becomes easier)

Cheers,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the explanation. Yes, this model has just one bus. When I need to add another, I'll look into the storage.

Thank you,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...