Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum! Experience the full experience of the forum by becoming a Simio Insider! You must be an Insider to post on any forum!

Click_Here_button.png

Patrick

Simio Train System - Arrival Rate Schedule

I'm currently creating a model of my local public transportation system. I have calculated the arrival rates for entities in 30 minute intervals (the arrival rate will change every 30 minutes). Is it possible to create a schedule that allows the source block to change the entity creation rate every 30 minutes?

I would also like to create a different disembarkment percentage for each station (sink) to unload passengers based off my collected data. Is it possible to allow the "Entity Destination Type" to assign a percentage to each entity designating which stop it will get off i.e. 50% to get off at stop 2 and 50% to get off at stop 3? Any information or similar modeling techniques would be greatly appreciated. 

3 hours ago, Patrick said:

First you should use rate tables to define a table of arrivals rate that vary over the time of the day. Note that, in that table you have to specify the periods (1 hour or thirty minutes) in which the arrival rate is constant over that period.  

answer to your second question, at "created entity" add-on process trigger place a decide and two set node steps. at decide step select decide type as "probability based" and then set probability as "0.5". Place one of the set node step on true branch of the decide step and select stop 2 node. Again, place the other one on false branch of the decide step and select stop 3 node. hope it works. 

• Like 1