is it possible to identify which server resource processed an entity?

hurol

I am working on a simulation of a number of firms  processing raw products. If I represent the firms as resources in a server -so that the server capacity represents the number of firms, how could I identify which resource/firm processed a certain batch of products?

Can this be done with a server having a capacity of its own, or should I use a pool of (secondary) resources with id labels so I can use that id to label the product batch?

Edited by hurol
spelling & grammar error

You can use seperate servers (each has 1 capacity) each represents individual firms. Create entities (raw products) via a data table where you should also include one column (a node property from object reference property) to represent where the created entity will be processed (as its destination). Then at the output node of the source object set entity destination type property to specific. Then set node name to Table1.NodeInstanceProperty1. The entities will be routed appropriately. 

• Thanks 1

The Server Initial Capacity property sets the capacity of the processing station within the Server. Regardless of the Initial Capacity value, each Server Object is regarded as a single Resource in terms of the Results provided by the simulation. This is a long way of saying that, if you want to analyze each firm separately, you will need a separate Server for each one or a pool of Secondary Resources like you had mentioned. Happy modeling!

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the answers. Since I wanted to be able to change the number of firms at will (through a model property), creating separate servers was not my preferable option. Since the products processed by firms would then be matched with the orders received by thr firms, I had to identify each firm somehow. I will try using a pool of secondary resources.