Arrival rate

Alb

Hello,

Would you be able to provide background on your use case? My first response would be no, but I"m curious what your use case is.

I believe we should be able to find a solution (perhaps using a function) if you can provide a little background on the use case.

Thanks,

Jason

• Like 1

Thanks, Jason for your answer and your interest.

The situation is the following: I have to receive an order with set amount of entities that must be completed in a specific date and hour, but I need to distribute that order in some intervals before the deadline. It means, If I have an order with 15 entities for November 3 at 8 pm, I could receive 10% of the entities at 7 pm, 50% at 7:30 pm and 40% at 8 pm. So, I have the idea to do an arrival table for the schedule of the order and a rate table for the percentages that I need. And I want to know that is possible in SIMIO to put both in the source?

Thanks for your help!

Hi Alb,

What I would suggest is for you to use process logic to create your order entities rather than a source. The Create process step can be used to create entities just like a source, and you can put in logic that looks up the percentages.

I would also suggest you use timers or perhaps a source to just create trigger entities that tells your model when to fire events (perform logic). For example, in your above case, perhaps have a source that creates an entity at 7pm, 7:30pm, and 8pm. These entities then trigger the process to be executed that decides the percentage of entities to be created at each time.

• Like 1

Thanks, Jason.

Casually, do you have or recommend some documentation to work with Create process step? Sorry, I don't have a large experience with process. 

Also in your second suggestion,  is it possible to do it variable? It means, the schedules of deadlines are variable, so I just know I have three intervals and de large of interval is constant.

I'm really grateful with your help!

I'd recommend you read the Create help documentation. It provides some detailed info on how the step functions. It also mentions the CONWIP and DynamicallyCreatingVehicles SimBits for examples using the Create step.

For my second suggestion, yes this can be done with variables. What I would do is create a new Source and Sink that create entities that just tells the model to perform logic. And since this is just a regular sink, you can specify when to create those entities however you desire (by arrival table, randomly.....).