Assigning only one vehicle to separator

Iris

I am making a model that simulates trucks coming in with a certain amount of pallets. These pallets are transported with the use of forklifts to a sink. The truck arrives at a seperator where the pallets and trucks are seperated. The idea is that multiple forklifts work on one truck when there is only one. But when a second truck arrives one forklift should switch to the new truck. In the current model they work on the same trucks and react when a new truck comes in they unload it but then continue transporting the pallets of the first truck instead of staying with the new truck.

So as soon as a forklift unloads a truck I also want it to transport the pallets within it. I think this has to do with the reservation of the vehicle. I already tried a lot of different options but nothing seemed to be working.

I uploaded my model as well and I really hope someone could help me with this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Model1.spfx

Hello,

I would suggest you look into creating a ForkLift EvaluatingTransportRequest add on process. This will allow you to control what requests the Forklift is accepting or rejecting.

image.png.cc3d92eb1639864132a6ba784637714c.png

Additionally, it may be wise to use two separate Forklift objects (rather 2 instances of the same forklift). This may be easier as you could designate one Forklift to be the secondary that moves to Dock 2 first when a truck arrives.

Jason