Varying Path Length and Moving Servers

DavidMann

I'm trying to model a towing company. 

A call comes either jump start or tow (entity 1 and 2) from two different sources. They go through a dispatch (server1) and get delivered to a specific driver (servers 2,3,4 or 5) . 

Each call coming in will have some exponentially distributed distance from origin associated with it (and direction component?)

My challenges are:

Is there a way to take and entity from a source and move it into free space some vector away from the source (distance and direction). 

Then, if that is possible, can I move a server to that location to process it (and if a tow then move some other vector distance after process).

Finally, the ultimate goal of the model is to create a conditional routing logic for the dispatch server to compare distance from call and availability of drivers. Such that if a driver is finishing up near the next call, that server will take priority over the one with an empty queue if further away.

TLDR: Can servers move? Is there a way I can change how long a path is based on variable input?

You can place some enough transfer nodes at different distances and directions (In freespace it will be hard to stop modelentity object and seize the server object. This can be quite challenging task). Then you can randomly send the modelentities to one of these transfer nodes (This is for sending entities some vector away from the source). Then, define an entered add-on process trigger for each transfer nodes and place a move step onto this add-on process. In resource movement request of this step define object type specific (or from list), object name any server (or from list you set), and destination node as the transfer node itself. Then, you can try seize step to or transfer step to send the entity onto server object. You have to try some options.