The maximum number in system limit for entities of type "..." has been exceeded

AlexDCave

I have recreated a system to see theoretical capacities and it has multiple sources (1 parent and 2 different members that I combine). I have turned off balking because that interferes with my unit mix. I have also changed all buffers to a finite number and crossing logic capacities to 1. Even with all of this, I still hit the 2500 max entities and an error pops up. This system should only be able to hold a couple hundred, so I know I don't need to adjust my capacity size. I made the units stop at the 1st server so I could isolate the issue and it appears to be upon creation or in the combiner. My question is, how can I have unit production pause (not stop) when the buffers and capacities are full? I have attached the file for reference.

APS Design 2.spfx

I ran your model until the warning occurs and then examined the Content and Throughput categories in your Results Pivot Grid. I didn't notice any alarming buildups in any of the Combiners, Conveyors, or Servers, but the Entity statistics appear unusual:

• None of your 3 entity types ever exit the system.
  • Your problem is with creation of too many empty pallets.

image.png.82b7bf190d610543a2fbab9425262ced.png

Another thing I noticed that could be the main problem is that your Empty Pallet source creates 6 empty pallets every .25 minutes, with no limit. When I converted this to a just-in-time (Event Based) creation the entity limit problem went away for that entity type:

image.png.6daa9b939fb0bd7c9c60c9a74d561f80.png

To answer your specific question, on the Project Home ribbon there is a place to open a Breakpoints window that allows a lot of flexibility to trigger a model break (pause) when a specific condition occurs.

I hope this helps. 

Based on another thread of yours (link), I ended up created a real state variable for my entities per arrival, then created a process to pause and a process to restart based on the population in the system. So far it seems to work. The change you show above only fixed the issue for another 12 hours or so.