Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum

Welcome to the Simio Forum! Experience the full experience of the forum by becoming a Simio Insider! You must be an Insider to post on any forum!

Click_Here_button.png

New Software Release

Our latest release, Simio 11, is here!

Sign in to follow this  
yue shang

Problem of symbol and animation

Hello deal fellows,

I just entered a hospital and we wanna a very small attempt model to monitor the length of stay for a department.

You have very good examples but it is still to hard for me to follow. I have several questions below.

1.We have symbols for patients and bed. Do you know how to let the symbol do action like lying on a bed or control them to which part of another symbol?

2.How to build like walls and curve walls I mean textures to surround the properties?

Thank you so much 

1. Change animation by setting a number or a expression on your object's Current Animation Index property. You can check its symbol available animation by right-clicking your object and selecting List of Animations of Active Symbol.
  2. In the Drawing tab, draw your wall using polyline or curve, set the Object Height and apply the texture by clicking in the wall.

Check these two attached images for a better understanding.

animation.png

wall.PNG

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much. I got one more question. Do you know how to make a symbol lie down? I can do rotate on a horizontal plane but can't make them lie down.

Posted (edited)

If you look at the list of animations of a symbol (as shown in my previous reply), you'll see the animation 21 (Sleep), assuming you're looking at a animated person symbol.

So set the Current Animation Index of your ModelEntity to something like this:

• Math.If( condition when your entity is bed , 21 , index of the animation when it's not in bed )

animations.PNG

Edited by GFurtado

Sign in to follow this