Data Mismatch Error

Hi Simio Users,

I am getting an error in my model that I cannot seem to figure out how to resolve and could use some help. When an item in the kitchen model needs to be fried, there is an inventory table that has a Boolean value for if the task involves frying. When the value is TRUE, it records certain values to a table through a Record process step. In this process step it looks up the Ingredient Row in number format and seems to be having trouble with assigning the new value in the table that it is recording with an element reference value.

Any clue of what could be wrong? I am wondering if my data table might be set up incorrectly?

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks

David

DataMismatchError.PNG

Hi David,

From your description and Error message, I expect that your Table column might need an adjustment. Since you are trying to assign a number (Integer?), you need to make sure that the Table column where you are trying to make the assignment is set up as an Integer Property, and not an Element Reference Property as the Error message indicates. The easiest way to do this is just make a new column from Schema (ribbon menu) -> Property drop-down -> select Integer. Delete the old column and give the new one its name so you don't have to rewrite your Logic. Maybe you know this already and the issue is more complex. If so, I would be glad to help troubleshoot if you can attach your Model.

Happy modeling!

Adam