Model Comparisons from Two Separate Models

lathji

Hi SI Forum,

I am a student using the student version and ran into a problem of the size of my model. I had too many objects in my model environment and needed to split my control model apart from my future conditions model. This might not have been the best approach, but it was the best way I could think to solve the issue at the time. In the model, I did use different random number streams for each random variable.

My question is: how can I compare a future conditions model to a control model if they were run in separate project files? Is this possible? When looking through the outputs, all response variables are correlated in the future conditions model, but not to the control model. I've already requested a large model upgrade to help with this issue in future runs of this model. However, I'm trying to understand what's causing the difference between the models. If both models are using common random number streams for the random inputs, why wouldn't the control model response variables be correlated to the future conditions model outputs? 

Maybe there is a way to link the two models. Is it possible to have two models in the same project file by linking them somehow?

Additionally, if you have other ideas on best practices for reducing redundancy in modeling practice, it would be great to learn from your experiences!

Thanks!