Skip processing one server

Hello,

I am simulating a restaurant queue with two servers. The queue is lineal and the entity order is FIFO. The 85% of the entities goes to Server 1 and 15% to Server 2. But I need that all the entities do the same path. So, those entities that have to go to Server 2, wait till Server 1 (capacity==2) is empty, and then go to Server 2 (capacity==2) without processing in S1, and those entities that go to Server 1, then, wait till Server 2 is empty, to move on without process in Server 2.

The real example is a lineal queue where you have to choose between two foods, but independently which one you choose, you do the same line, taking the food in the server you choose and waiting for the people that is in the other server to finish in order to move on and pay.

How can I do it?

Thank you so much.

7 hours ago, Rubén Villar said:

Hello,

I am simulating a restaurant queue with two servers. The queue is lineal and the entity order is FIFO. The 85% of the entities goes to Server 1 and 15% to Server 2. But I need that all the entities do the same path. So, those entities that have to go to Server 2, wait till Server 1 (capacity==2) is empty, and then go to Server 2 (capacity==2) without processing in S1, and those entities that go to Server 1, then, wait till Server 2 is empty, to move on without process in Server 2.

The real example is a lineal queue where you have to choose between two foods, but independently which one you choose, you do the same line, taking the food in the server you choose and waiting for the people that is in the other server to finish in order to move on and pay.

How can I do it?

Thank you so much.

I have created two real states for each entity and depending on the probability based, assigned to each entity a different processing time. I guess that this should work, but now I realized that I have another problem. Before the two servers that I mentioned in the post, I have another server with a lower processing time. It is supposed that Server 2 and Server 1, that have a larger processing time, should create a bottleneck, and I want that all the queue stays in the input buffer of that Server (let's say Server 0). The problem is that the entities that finishes at Server 0, go directly to the server 1, although I specified that the output buffer of the Server 0 is 0, the path capacity is 1, and the input buffer of Server 1 is 0. I even can appreciate how some entities that arrive to the Server 0, if this server is busy, skips that server and pass directly to the next one.

How it is possible?

I want to create the queue in the Server 0, and then move to the other ones when they are empty, always following a FIFO rule.

Thank you so much.

5 minutes ago, CWatson said:

Please either attach a copy of the model you are referring to with this post or send the model with description of problem to support@simio.com. 

Thank you.

Here you have!

As you can see, some entities that enter to server afterward, pass to the next one overtaking other entity that entered previously.

Thank you so much for your help!

Prueba28_04.spfx

11 minutes ago, Rubén Villar said:

Here you have!

As you can see, some entities that enter to server afterward, pass to the next one overtaking other entity that entered previously.

Thank you so much for your help!

Prueba28_04.spfx 602.66 kB · 0 downloads

Example:

- Entity 1 has a processing time of 40 seconds in "Rohee" and 1 second in "Street Food".

- Entity 2 has a processing time of 1 second in "Rohee" and 40 seconds in "Street Food".

If Entity 1 enters before to the server "Rohee", I need that Entity 2 waits in "Rohee" until Entity 1 finish his processing time, and then, can move on to the next server.

Thank you!