Connecting conveyors with vehicles

JuliaGeurs

I am trying to get entities to enter onto a conveyor from different points, like in the "EntitiesEnteringAlongConveyor" Simbit. The only difference is that in my model the entities are traveling on a vehicle. The entities are now being dropped of by the vehicle at the merge points (basicnodes), and i can't get them to stay on. Is there a way to fix this?

My problem is a bit different, my model now works like yours (the entities are dropped off by the vehicle), but i want the entities to continue on the conveyor wilst being transported on the vehicle. (the vehicle represents a tray and the entity a piece of baggage in an airport security checkpoint). 

Ok, I understand now.

Check the Vehicle Fixed Route SimBit. It's an interest SimBit and some of its concepts might help you.

If you still need assistence after that, scribble a process fluxogram and I (or some other user) will probably help you.

**the vehicle represents a tray**

Not sure how the tray can transport baggage to the conveyor line ..

maybe you should use a ModelEntity to represent the Tray, and use Batch to batch with the baggage and flow on the conveyor...

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much for your help, though this does not help me solve my problem, i'll try to explain it a bit better.

in my model, a passenger (parent entity) arrives at a separator object with one or multiple batched entities (bags), these then separate from each other. to represent the real system, a tray should also be available to put the bag on (this should be available before the separation starts), i modelled the tray as a vehicle because then i could model the "need for the tray to be available" as a secondary resource. After the separator the tray (with bag) should move on a conveyor through the system, and at the end the tray is taken back to the beginning of the system and the bag leaves the system. so the vehicle does not take the bag to the conveyor, but rather transports the bag on the conveyor.

I didn't know how to model this with the tray being represented by another type of object, therefore i choose the vehicle object.

I added a simplified version of the part of my model (of the part where i have issues) here, what i would like is that when the tray/bag move through TransferNode 1 (and/or 2) that the bag(modelentity) stays on the tray (transporter).

VehicleThrough.spfx