Fra

hello!

i'm a beginner and i'm building a model of a serial assembly line.

Pieces can move between the servers only whey they are all completed. i don't want them to queue in  front of the servers (i managed to have one piece in front of each server).

i've also tried to use the transferline simbit but the entities stop before one of the servers.

hope someone can help me!

thank you!

Hi Fra,

Have you tried changing the Input Buffer Capacity and Output Buffer Capacity to '0'? This will prevent the pieces from queuing in front of the servers because there is no input buffer for them to queue in. Instead, they will queue on the link leading up to the server.

If you use a Path, to see pieces queue up behind one another, set the Allow Passing to 'False'.

If you want the pieces wait at the current object until the downstream object is available, you can use a Connector (instantaneous travel).

For a solution where travel time is required between objects, you can explore using Add-On Process Logic to prevent moving until the downstream object is available. In this instance you would use either a TimePath or Path.

All the best,

Caleb

thank you for your help!

I successfully used the connectors for the moment and then I will try again to explore the add-on process logic.

kind regards, 

Fra

On 1/18/2019 at 6:10 PM, cwhitehead said:

Hi Fra,

Have you tried changing the Input Buffer Capacity and Output Buffer Capacity to '0'? This will prevent the pieces from queuing in front of the servers because there is no input buffer for them to queue in. Instead, they will queue on the link leading up to the server.

If you use a Path, to see pieces queue up behind one another, set the Allow Passing to 'False'.

If you want the pieces wait at the current object until the downstream object is available, you can use a Connector (instantaneous travel).

For a solution where travel time is required between objects, you can explore using Add-On Process Logic to prevent moving until the downstream object is available. In this instance you would use either a TimePath or Path.

All the best,

Caleb