Dynamic Selection Rule of whole Population

bennicheck

Hello indsiders,

I have the following problem, which i broke down for better understanding:

The next time Server2 is free, it should select the red entity with the priority 1 (Dynamical labels notify the Entity.Priority) even if the red entity has not reached the input buffer of Server 2 at that specific time.

problem.png.1eda3219d3ff09e31578e277649c0353.png

It seems like i need a ranking expression that says: Server2 select Entity.Priority == 1 out of the input buffer. If there is no Entity that matches this condition wait until a entity with the matching condition arrives in the input buffer. I tried the seize, allocate and reserve step. But nothing is realy acceptable.

I assume it's an easy problem, but after several hour of trying i gave up :(. Can someome help me ?

Best regards,

Benjamin

Edited by bennicheck

Hi Benjamin,

The first thing I recommend is to select Server2 and change the Ranking Rule to 'Smallest Value First' and the Ranking Expression to 'ModelEntity.Priority'.

Doing that will allow the entities that are currently arriving to Server2 to jump ahead of higher valued entities in the input queue.

In order for Server 2 to process, when free, an entity with a priority value of 1 even if has not entered Server 2's input buffer at that point, you will need to use a process. This process only looks at values that have entered the paths to Server2.

Create an AddOnProcessTrigger for Entered for the two paths going to Server2.

-Insert a Decide Step and have the Decide Type be 'ConditionBased' and the Condition Or Probability be 'ModelEntity.Priority== 1'.

-Insert a Reserve Step after the True arrow of the process. Change the Resource Name to 'Server2'. 

This reserves Server2 for a ModelEntity with a Priority value of 1 if such a ModelEntity has entered either of the two paths leading to Server2.

This is a general idea how to begin to solve your problem. If you want to do further reading, check out the "Reserve" page in the Simio Reference Guide.

All the best,

Caleb

Hi Caleb,

thx for your answer. Iam trying it with the resever step, as you told me. The next problem ist, that i select the Entity, which should reserve the station next with a sql database. I can only choose the Owner Object in the reserve step statically (advanced Options). I need something like a dynamic expression for example ( Object Owner:  Entity.UniqueID == i ). How can i do this. I assume, it can be realised with an reference, but i seriously don't know how. Can u help me?

Best regards,

Benjamin