Conveyor Merge: Unexplained Queue

anerosad

I have a model where three conveyors merge from individual sources. All three sources release entities at an inter-arrival rate of 4.5 s. At the merge there is a server which has a processing time of 1 s and a 0 buffer capacity. 

In the image below I have two models with the exact same properties, the only difference is the conveyor speed. The top model has a conveyor speed of 0.5 m/s and a queue forms reaching a length of infinity as time passes. The bottom model has a conveyor speed of 2 m/s and a queue never forms. Why is it that a queue forms in the top model? Can someone please explain? It does not make sense to me why such a long queue forms.

Please explain using queuing theory or mathematics, or Simio logic if necessary.

Capture.PNG.973bbe552697ee3796b113e746141bfd.PNG

• Thanks 1

If arrival rates at sources and processing rates at servers are all same there should not be any difference between these two systems.

Check 1) Are the processing times of all server objects are same? 2) Are the interarrival times of source objects all same? the conveyor speeds does not affect the queue length. It does affect only finishing time of processing parts. 

Edited by gocken