Referencing to table in Decide step

JanWai

Hi, 

I wanted to implement in my model that certain entities exhibiting a certain trait will have to go to a certain node in my diagram, while entities exhibiting another trait will have to go to another node in my diagram. This characteristic can be made referenced to in one of my Data Tables, under one of the columns in that table. I also used the Decide step, where I changed the DecideType to "condition based" and wrote the condition as: Datatable[CurrentRowNumber].characteristic > (A number). However, the flow of the entities do not abide by the decision logic. How may I resolve the problem? 

Thank you! 

Please either attach the model you are referring to or send an email with the model to support@simio.com.

If your data table with the 'certain trait' is based on the entity types themselves, then the entity should have a row reference to that table automatically and referring to the DataTable.Characteristic should work. You may wish to refer to the SimBit named EntityFollowsSequenceWithRelationalTables.*, and specifically look at the JobTable data table that has a listing of the entity types - having a column for your characteristic trait in this column would associate that value with the particular part type.