Search process

Luu Khanh Minh

The Save Index Found property of the Search step (under Advanced Options) will store the row number that is found. ** IMPORTANT NOTE ** - this will relate to the actual row number in the table if it is not a relational table. For relational table rows, this value will return the row within the relation only. 

Hi Watson, my table is in fact a relational table. May I have some clarification on what you meant by the row within the relation?

For example, if my table is like this:

Brand            Quantity

P&G                100

Vendor1     20

Vendor2      30

Vendor3      50

And I would like to search the row with Vendor 2 30. Then may I ask which row number will be returned in this case?

Thank you

Hi Watson

Thank you for your detailed answer. I still have another question about searching rows in a table, especially relational data table. In the search step, there is only 1 match condition. How can I search a row based on 2 or more conditions? Can I still use Search Row? Or must I use something else? 

Thank you!

1) You can find what the save index value means by trial and error. Assign this value to a state variable and place a breakpoint onto the search step. Then, when simulation stops at that breakpoint check the state variable's value. 

2) you can use match conditons sequential by using "&&" and "||" mathematical operators. For example,

a) match condition with "&&": candidate.modelentity.color="red"&& candidate.modelentity.timecreated<500. The search step will found a modelentity when the expression written for match condition evaluated to "true". Fot match condition to be "true" both conditions have to be "true" (the value of candidate.modelentity.color="red" must equal to 1 and the value of candidate.modelentity.timecreated<500 must equal to 1). If not then the match condition will be "false". The search step can not found any modelentity.

b) match condition with "||": candidate.modelentity.color="red"|| candidate.modelentity.timecreated<500. The search step will found a modelentity when the expression written for match condition evaluated to "true". Fot match condition to be "true" one of the conditions have to be "true" (the value of candidate.modelentity.color="red" must equal to 1 OR the value of candidate.modelentity.timecreated<500 must equal to 1). If not then the match condition will be "false". The search step can not found any modelentity.

Edited by gocken
  • Like 1