Workers with different Workschedules.

Petey8

I have multiple workers for different tasks and I want the workers to work according to different work schedules. When I use the work schedule option, all workers of one process use the same work schedule. In the examples they use different workers for each shift, but since workers come and go at different time during the day this would require a lot of different workers for each process.. 

For a server the capacity of the server can be changed during the simulation, is there a way to do the same for the amount of workers in the system? Or let each worker work according to their own custom work schedule imported from a table? 

I got a file where each worker has a unique ID for every time they work, and a start and end time of their shift. I also converted to to time intervals and the amount of workers that are working at that particular time interval. I tried using the table based schedule for both tables, but this does not seem to work since all workers get the same start and end time.. Your method requires many different workers for the same process, each with their specific work schedule which looks like a lot of work for something that looks quite simple... Is there no easier way to do this ? 

Thanks for the quick reply! 

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone has a solution for this? I still didn't figure out an easy way to get many workers with individual schedules where each worker has its own start and end time. Especially when I want to run my simulation for multiple weeks I need a way to get this from my Excel data file into my model.