[Problem] Is it possible which two or more entities flow through out conveyor belt?

Sergiospn

Hi everyone,

My name is Sergio Hernández and I'm doing my university final project with SIMIO and i found it some problems doing it.

I'm trying to simulate a bottling line with conveyors, but the problem is that  in real, in some tracts, the bottles through in the line in parallel position. How can i obtain that two or more entities flow through the line? Is it possible?

P.S.: Is it possible to extract entities properties like size of the entity (x,y,z) to export this data?

Thank you very much in advance, i look forward to your answer. 

Best Regards, 

Sergio. 

Simio conveyors do not currently support discretely modeling two or more entities side by side. That feature has been proposed and designed, but it not yet scheduled for development (just a priority thing).

One choice is to use the Flow constructs to model it as some combination of discrete and continuous.

Another possible approach is to Combine discrete entities together or to have a single entity represent 2 or more entities - perhaps use a Separator when you need discrete processing.

Yes, there is extensive information available about each entity (see screen shot from Watch window below). You can write this data to a file using the Write or ExcelWrite step.

Capture.PNG