How to feed 2 lines with one server.

htatton

Hi Team, 

Good morning, hope everyone is doing ok.  Let me provide a bit of background. I want to simulate a welding process that have 2 identical lines in parallel. The source is a cart that have the materials for both lines (metals parts) one line create a part called "Arm" and the other line create the "Boom"  we have 7 type of products each have a arm and a boom that is why I have a serve to simulate the creation of the Cart that deliver the material.

I have created the routing tables for each line and the Part types and mix ratio.  

First issue. I crated both Identical lines, since the beginning only the top line the one call "ARM is working.  even when no resources were in place.  So I wanted to test the boom line but I have it been able.   it gave me an error about the setup of the Boom Tacking set up time.  As you can see there is a connector from the source to the boomTacking,  (on Purpose) I set the Output@source1 - Entity Destination type to Continue then you will be able to see the error message. If I set it to "by sequence" I don't understand why the process start working on the Arm line even when there is not connection.😨😳

I wanted to try, because at the end I need to make the line to run with the resource were I have only 6 ppl. 2 tackers dedicated for tacking 1 and boom tacking, 2 welders that will be taking care of the welding process on station Finish1-1, Finish 2_1, Boomfinish1 and BoomFinish2 (on the table the welding time is set as the process time), 2 grinders that will be taking care of 4 weld robots setup time (weldR1_1,WeldR2_1,BoomWeldR1 and BoomWeldR2), and the grinding task on the 4 finishing stations (on the table the grinding time is set as the teardown time)

But currently i'm stuck on why the Boom line is not able to run and gave the error on the setup time when both routing table for Arm and Boom are identical. 

Any help will be very appreciate it. 

Thanks in advanced, 

Regards, 

Htatton. 

Arm-boom-draft-R1.spfx

redesign the tables, category table should include; 
part types    mix
cairo_arm    15
cairo_boom    15
sirius_arm    24
sirius_boom    24
phx2_arm    17
phx2_boom    17
phx3_arm    10
phx3_boom    10
phx4_arm    3
phx4_boom    3
phx5_arm    7
phx5_boom    7

Note: in order to make boom line work. First delete part routing arm table then press undo. Then run, now the boom line will work but you should note that this time arm line will not work. Think about how this could be? see attached file.

Arm-boom-draft-R1.spfx

Edited by gocken