Question about B2MML

jaylee0300

Hello, there!

I'm quite new to Simio.

I saw "SchedulingDiscretePartProduction" example recently and noticed that there was B2MML data schema which was very impressive.

So, What i have wondered is whether the data schema in the example is exactly same as B2MML data schema. Or, are there some changes from original schema?

In addition, does anybody know where to get some information about B2MML data schema?

Thank you.

Jay.

• Like 1

Simio B2MML data tables and importing are compatible with the standard. It is my understanding that it is common that adopting companies will customize the data to their own needs, just as we have done by example within Simio. B2MML consists of a set of XML schemas that implement the data models in the ISA-95 standard. Companies may use B2MML to integrate business systems such as ERP and supply chain management systems with manufacturing systems such as control systems and manufacturing execution systems.

The actual standard is an XML implementation of the ANSI/ISA-95 (IEC/ISO 62264) Enterprise-Control System Integration Standard. Searching on them will yield more information.

The e-book Planning and Scheduling with Simio that is included on the Support Ribbon, explains more about B2MML.

• Like 1