Add new station on Vehicle

jaylee0300

Hi, there.

I'm very interested in Customizing objects.

What I'm trying to customize is a vehicle which has more than one station.

I have added some stations on the vehicle and tried an entity is stored in that new station when the vehicle picks up an entity.

I know there is a ridestation in the standard vehicle.

So, my plan is, first, entities are stored in ridestation then it goes to new stations I made, and when the vehicle arrives at destination node, the entities move to RideStation again , then drop off.

are there any process logic to do that?

Thank you for your help.

Jay.

Yeah I will caution you against your approach as it is the entity's Destination property that resides in the the transporter's ride queue which dictates the transporters steering behavior. I will subsequently leave that entity in the ride station. If you need the transporter to pickup more than one entity, simply increase its capacity.

MEagar is right. Perhaps the most limiting feature (problem!) of the vehicle object is this. Once the entities are picked up by the vehicle object, vehicle's destination is automatically assigned accoding to the entity's destination. Then nothing to do with this. 
If we have a chance to determine the destination of the vehicle object independently of the destination of the entity, and if we can do this dynamically, the problems with the vehicle object will be greatly reduced. I mean, for example, if we have a chance to search for enitities in the ridestation according to a certain criteria after placing them (just before the vehicle object's traveling) in the entities ridestation station (and set the vehicle's destination as the found entity's destination) and also if we were able to do this at every destination point of vehicle object then we will have included a very very great feature to vehicle object.

Edited by gocken