Dynamically updating Expressions Throughout Simulation Run

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple model containing a source server and sink, where two parts travel throughout the system. However, I am trying to create by own dispatch logic to determine which part in the Server's input queue is chosen next. 

I am hoping to create a function f(x) = C1X1 + C2X2 where C1 and C2 are constants, X1 is the time the part has been in the queue, and X2 is the part type. The part which returns the highest value then proceeds to processing next.

Is this possible to model, or can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

I have created a simple model that I believe may have solved this problem. I used a dynamic selection rule of largest value first. I then multiplied the entity priority by the time in system. This expression can be extended to include other factors like the equation in the OP. 

Visually watching the model, it does as expected. If anyone has any suggestions or a better way to model this, feel free to share! I attached the example model.

Example Model.spfx

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dustincsmith18 said:

I have created a simple model that I believe may have solved this problem. I used a dynamic selection rule of largest value first. I then multiplied the entity priority by the time in system. This expression can be extended to include other factors like the equation in the OP. 

Visually watching the model, it does as expected. If anyone has any suggestions or a better way to model this, feel free to share! I attached the example model.

Example Model.spfx

Now this is something really interesting ! 

Regards,

Adrian Gates

Developer - CloudDesktopOnline

On 8/24/2018 at 5:28 AM, dustincsmith18 said:

Example Model.spfx

Further to the above, understanding the functionality behind queues is paramount. Of particular interest would be the difference between statically ranked and dynamic selection algo's. What Simio does very well is allow the user to place entities into a queue, at a given location basis a certain condition, but also how to pull entities out of a queue, basis their current location given a certain condition.

I cant see your model as its n academic version but it seems you have solved the problem. With a million and 5 ways to effect the request above, dynamic selection is most definitely one of the most preferred.