Batching based on the time

farnaz

Hello,

I have question about batching for my model. I would like to batch my entities in a specific node in my model and release them at a specific time. In other word, entities come to first server and they need to stay there until a specific time (for example 5 am and 5 pm) and then at that specific time they can be transferred to the second server. Could you please help me how to model it? I wanted to use Add.on process and using Wait and Fire steps but I do not know how to define an event. Also, I am not sure if my idea is correct?

I really appreciate if you could help me

For this particular scenario, you could have a Timer (see Definitions tab, Elements button on panel). The timer would define the time(s) that an event is triggered - for example if the simulation starts at 12 am, then you could have the first timer event at 5 hours (5 am) and then every 12 hours after that (5 pm, 5am, 5pm, etc.). The 'event' that the entity would wait for would then be TimerName.Event. You could use a Decide step before putting the entity into the Wait step, then the event would be automatically fired at a given time by the Timer element. (instead of by a Fire step).