Combine several entities in to one entity

It's not appropriate for all situations, but the easiest way to solve this problem is to represent the component parts as Materials (an element) and define a Bill of Materials (BOM) that must be Consumed to create your new assembly. The big downside to this approach is the inability to animate the movement of the component materials. But if you can work around that limitation, this approach is MUCH easier.

Thanks for your reply

However the project I am working on is about measuring and possibly minimizing the movement in the factory. That is why the Bill of materials is not helping me in this case. I have made a work around using a combiner node i found at another forum post, this works but what i really would like to do is to combine bars, grids and sheet metal in to three types of masts. I have tried to assign values based on the entity type (named it after color) and want to make the combiner combine the equal values, but I don't know how to do that or if it is the right approach.

tilsimioonline.thumb.PNG.51f8f078e0967df28b5d8b82f7edef0a.PNG

Can I assign some value to the entities which the combiner can use to match them?

I may also have overcomplicated things in my example, if there is an easier, better looking (correct) way please tell me :)

Both are in the link

CombinerNode.spfx

Thanks for your help so far, hope that you know how to solve this one, would be very help full

It seems the best way to achieve to what u want is to define three storage elements (called barstorage, gridstorage, sheetstorage) just before the combiner object or combiner node. Whenever an entity is put into any of these storages check the the condition u defined (i.e., exactly 4 bars, 4 grids and 8 sheets are exist in the individiual storage) is valid. If the condition is satisfied remove appropriate number entities (exactly 4 bars, 4 grids and 8 sheets) from appropriate storage by using search and remove step and transfer them to combiner object from standard library (or even combiner node object you get from forum) to combine them all. Else wait for the condition to be met. By this way you are able to collect some extra statistics from storages (averge waiting times and average number of each materials in the storage etc...).

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestion, but I dont know how to define the storage element right. I dont know how to find the condition that should be checked. Then I also dont know how to insert it before the combiner.

How did you learn these operations and where can I learn Simio to the same level?

There are many resources that you can benefit from. I suggest you to have a look at "student resources" and "teaching resources" under "academics" title at www.simio.com. Also, I stricly recommend simbits which are small, well-documented models that illustrate a modeling concept or explain how to solve a common problem. You can find out related models by clicking SimBit button on the Support ribbon and searching for the specific term (i.e., storage). Also, I recommend Textbooks for Simio Simulation Software. You can find all of them under "teaching resources". There are many other benefical options for learning simio such as New "Learning Simio Lab Modules" and "video series" which you can reach from https://www.simio.com/academics/simio-academic-resources.php. Learning simio is an ongoing process and you have to update and support your knowledge of using simio by following the forum which will give you some newer insights for how to model specific problems. Welcome to the simulation world!...