Moving Worker to a-priori unknown position

bscandi

Hello everyone, I would be glad if someone could help me with this:

I have a machine defined as a subclass entity that suspends its movement when it goes in failure. I would like to move a worker to the machine when that happens in order to fix the failure. How can I do this, since I do not know the exact position of the machine when the failure occurs?

Thanks

I have a machine defined as a subclass entity that suspends its movement when it goes in failure. I would like to move a worker to the machine when that happens in order to fix the failure. How can I do this, since I do not know the exact position of the machine when the failure occurs?

Entities don't have a facility view , so they can't contain nodes, so they cannot themselves be a destination.

--One option is that when the machine fails, have it move to a node to fail, and then have the worker go to that node to work on it.

--Another possible approach is to model the machine as a node or a server. As long as there are no links to the node(s), you can use the RelocateObject user defined step to move the object around at runtime. Then you could move the worker through free space to get to the machine's current location.