EVALUATION SEIZE REQUEST (SERVER)

luis2810

Hello

I would like an help doing the next thing, I already try diverse solution but nothing:

I would like a add-on process in a server evaluation seize request that search in the queue for example minimization of processing time, and do another search for the maximizatioj between time now and entry time in this queue, and if the second is greater than the server must produce this one, else produce the first one.

The search step, and the decide I already achieve, I confirm that with "model trace", but I can't find any solution to allocate the entity found in the respective server.

A little help?

You can get most of what you need using a built in Dynamic Selection Rule like what is highlighted in the attached figure:

Capture.PNG.35c413b27678da5f3f059d4e5a720be9.PNG

If the built-in rules don't provide exactly what you want, you might try a clever Filter expression. If that doesn't work, you might consider creating your own custom dynamic selection rule -- see examples in this folder: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Simio\Examples\UserExtensions\SimioSelectionRules

The problem you were having is that Simio doesn't have a specific function that says "allocate this entity". It has a Seize step, to request allocation. It has a process (EvaluatingSeizeRequest) to evaluate if a specific entity can get it. And it has an Allocate step to force a resource to reevaluate pending allocations. To use your present approach you would need to flag the entity that you want to get the resource, change the EvaluatingSeizeRequest to allow selection of only that entity, then call the Allocate step to allow allocation to the remaining entity. But I would try Dynamic allocation first, since that is a built-in way designed to do smart allocation.