HOW TO MOVE PIECES IN A SERIAL MANUFACTURING ACCORDING TO THE PROCESSING TIME

Good evening everyone,

I kindly request your help or advice concerning my simulation model. I have to perform a "process" in which the server named "cortador" take a complete batch from the previous process, the one batch (out of two) that has taken the greatest processing time . The "cortador" server only can take one batch at a time. I have tried to do it through loops, and use some steps "scan" in order to monitor my model processes but i haven´t have success. I highly appreciate your kind advice. God bless you all!! Greatings from Mexico!!

Carlos Martinez

ExperimentoBucleV_2.spfx

Hello,

One approach you could use is have an initial capacity of 0 at the Enfriado servers to hold the entities in the input buffer queues. During the entered event of the input nodes of the Enfriado servers, you could insert the tokens into a storage element. And a "controlling" server could then use process logic triggered by a scan step that determines if the number of entities in the input buffer queues are greater than 1, that would perform a search of those Storage.queue for the Entity with the longest processing time. To determine the processing time, one has to track it. The real state variable on the ModelEntity, ModelEntity.RealStateVariable, would be created and TimeNow would be assigned before processing. Then that is assigned TimeNow - ModelEntity.RealStateVariable after it processes at the previous servers. Once the entity is found from the storage queue, a transfer step would take that entity and pass it to the Cortador server's input node. The search step could look for Candidate.ModelEntity.RealState1 using a Backward search type and a limit of 1. Once the entity is transferred, the entity can be removed from the storage element.

Judy